Copy the embed code below and paste it into your blog or web page
4 bunch cellophane noodles (mung bean noodles).
1/4 cup dried chili peppers
1/2 cup roasted peanuts
1 cup chicken broth
1 pound fresh peeled prawns
2 whole large fresh and juicy limes
3 tablespoon fish sauce
2 whole Thai Chili peppers
1/2 whole medium size red onion
2 stalk green onion
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 stalk celery
2 piece Lettuce (iceberg or romaine)
1. For the dressing :
Squeeze 2 large fresh and juicy limes into a bowl. Add about 3-4 tbsp fish sauce. Mix them together and set the dressing aside
2. Soak 4 little bundles of mung bean noodles in cold water for at least 10 minutes. Drain and cut them into 4" long strips.
3. Heat a small pan on low heat. Add the chili peppers and toast them until they turn real dark. (turn your stove exhaust up to maximum so any smoke from roasting chilies don't overwhelm you)
Then, set the chilies aside in a bowl and then toast the roasted peanuts...just a bit to make sure they are nice and crunchy
4. Bring 1 cup of chicken broth to a boil in a deep pan and add peeled fresh prawns until pink. Then, add the mung bean noodles and so they don’t stick together cook until it becomes transparent they are cooked. Then, turn the heat off.
5. Put the cooked noodles and prawns into a large mixing bowl and set them aside. Meanwhile, slice up red onion, green onion and cilantro ,Thai chili peppers and celery.
6. Pour lime juice dressing over the mixing bowl containing your noodles and prawn and toss it so it mixes well. Then, add the cut up vegetables to the mixing bowl and toss again
7. Garnish with roasted peanuts and roasted dried chili pepper. Serve on lettuce