Mummy Ebi (Shrimp) Tempura Udon
Uploaded by cheryl
Shrimp (Ebi) Tempura Udon is a very popular Japanese dish. I decorated it for Halloween
00 Hr 20 Min
- 6 piece Ebi shrimp
- 60 gram Nissin tempura flour
- 100 milligram Water
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 6 sheet Nori seaweed
- 100 gram Cream cheese
- 1 packet Udon noodles
- 1 slice Cheese
- 1 sheet Nori seaweed
- 1 tablespoon Yamasa Konbu Tsuyu
1. Deshell shrimps, devein, and make incisions in their stomach side to straighten them. Then cut off the tip of the tail and remove the water inside to avoid splatters when frying.
2. Mix Nissin Tempura flour and the water very well.
3. Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan to 180~190C. Lightly dip the shrimps in the batter and fry them immediately until golden and crisp. Drain Tempura on a rack or a sheet of clean paper towel.
4. Boil Udon noodles as directed on package and drain well.
5. Spread cream cheese on Nori sheet.
6. Wrap shrimp Tempura with the Nori sheet. When Udon gets dry, it gets strong and sticky.
7. Wrap Udon around the shrimp Tempura.
8. Cut out sliced cheese and Nori sheet to make their eyes and paste them on the tempura
9. Dilute 20cc Konbu Tsuyu with 40cc water (make as much as you want) and bring to a boil. Pour the Konbu Tsuyu over the Mummy Shrimp Tempura Udon and enjoy!