Copy the embed code below and paste it into your blog or web page
300 gram superfine flour
40 gram Custard powder
1 teaspoon Baking powder
100 gram Icing sugar
1 whole Egg ( lightly beaten)
60 gram Shortening
60 gram butter
100 gram Black sesame paste
50 gram peanut butter
0.5 teaspoon Salt
1 tablespoon Butter
500 gram White lotus seeds paste
1 whole Egg glaze
1 whole Egg yolk
1 pinch Salt
1 teaspoon Water
1 tablespoon Black sesame seeds
1 tablespoon White sesame seeds
1. To make the moon cake skin, sift the flour, custard powder and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Sift in icing sugar to mix. Insert the egg.
2. Combine shortening and butter into the mixture and lightly mix in to combine (do not knead) until a soft dough is formed. Let it rest for 30 minutes. Divide the dough to 60g each and flatten it.Put aside .
3. To make the filling, combine the black sesame paste, peanut butter, salt, butter together. Make into balls of 25 grams each. Wrap the black sesame paste with the lotus seeds paste.
4. Wrap a piece of filling in the centre and shape into a dome. Arrange on greased baking trays.
5. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C. Remove the tray and leave aside to rest for 5 minutes. Brush the mooncakes with egg glaze and bake for another 15 minutes. Sprinkle some sesame seeds over.